I’m so excited to announce that I’m officially seeking members to join my street team! Which means you’re going to ask the same thing I did the first time I heard that term…
What is a street team?
I could give you a short history lesson and talk about the origins of street teams in the music business, but we all know I find it impossible to keep things short. Especially history lessons. So I’ll put it simply: a street team is a a group of people who help to build a buzz around an author and their work.
In other words, I’m looking for people to promote me which is…well…awkward. (I’ll pause while we acknowledge that and move on.)
So…in an effort to make sure this isn’t a one sided deal, here’s a breakdown of what I’m looking for and the perks you’ll receive if you become part of Elementally Awesome. (C’mon. You guys KNOW you want to be THAT awesome.)
Members of Elementally Awesome will receive:
- A Welcome to the Team! pack which will include bookmarks, a super cool book cover magnet, and a special something I’ve worked out with Rebecca from ReLM
- A free eBook of my upcoming novel “Elemental Awakening”
- Membership in a VIP Facebook group where we’ll be able to chat about the book, upcoming sequels (no spoilers), my writing process (scary as it may be), and previews of future artwork
- Entry into mission-based contests with prizes including autographed bookplates, naming rights to characters (seriously), free books, and swag
- My undying gratitude and devotion
My team members will:
- Spread the word about my books and upcoming events on social media
- Suggest my books to a book club (bonus points if you start a book club – like hard core bonus points) and if my book is selected, I’ll join in your book club discussion either in person or via Skype
- Recommend my book to your local library and indie book stores and add them to your GoodReads lists
- Post honest reviews on Amazon, GoodReads, B&N, etc. (No joke…I want you guys to be honest. But do me a solid and prepare me for bad reviews. Singing soft kitty always helps.)
- Participate in Thunderclaps and launch announcements
- Other duties as assigned. (Sorry. My years in government work is showing through.)
Don’t worry…this is not going to be a spamming thing. That stuff annoys the crayola out of me. Well, maybe I’d do it to the mom who bought my kids Moon Sand for their birthdays, but other than her, I wouldn’t spam anyone.
So??? Are you interested? Intrigued? Totally in?? Fill out the form that I’ve somehow managed to attached to this page in spite of my dicey tech skills. I can’t wait to get started!